Sunday, May 6, 2012

Damn Hard

It's no secret that I have, well, a potty mouth.  I've tried to stop it and some days are better than others, but it is what it is and I offer no apologies.

Last night before going to bed Tatiana informed me that she had set a goal for Sunday and that goal was no whining.  Sounded perfect.  This morning within five minutes she was whining about something and I gently reminded her of her Sunday goal.  She looked at me and said, "I know, mom, but it's just so damn hard not to whine."

After apologizing to God for raising a sailor, I started thinking about the wisdom of my almost five year old.  She was spot on.  It is hard to not whine...damn hard.  Sometimes it seems I can go a whole day and all I hear from myself and everyone around me is how wretched everything is and truth be told, once you start it's hard to stop.  It's like a huge snowball effect.

I know I've talked about this before, but I'm too lazy to go through past posts and link up.  But let me just say that despite all the stupid crap that goes on, today I am not whining.  Today I am so grateful for my family, for the amazing onion seasoning I got from some home party because my potatoes tasted AWESOME because of it.  I'm grateful for the bishop for allowing one more testimony even though we were way over because the newly baptized member of the church reminded me of the miracles that can happen and the amazing generosity of those around me.  Today life is good.

Don't get me started on tomorrow, though.  I'm going back to the damn gym and that my friends really is going to be damn hard.

3 comments:

Emilie and Branden said...

Oh, how I need to stop whining. Maybe you could teach me. But a 2 hour meeting with the psychiatrist at baby Connor's school on thurs put me on a whining binge I cannot stop. Love you.

Judy said...

MaryBeth, how I love you and appreciate who you are. No fakes, no pretends, just real you. It means so much to me in this world of saying what is best and appropriate and correct to know if you say it to me, it is real. I like real. I like you!

Shera said...

You Rock! Wise and funny, Tatiana rocks too!