Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lub Dub...Lub Dub...

Nursing school is in full swing and it is kicking my trash.  Seriously, Tatiana asked me the other day when we were going to play together again and said, "When you're seven."  May 2014 can't come fast enough.

That being said, as tough as it is, when I really start to think about it, I'm having fun with all of this.  We started clinicals a few weeks ago, where we go to one of the local long term care facilities and get assigned to a patient and take care of them.  The first week was a little sad because in order to perform certain tasks, you need to pass them off during lab time at the college.  Week one we had passed off "therapeutic communication" so I talked...and talked...and talked...to anyone who would listen.  Turns out I'm pretty good at talking it up with a bunch of 70-90 somethings!

Last week in our lab class we learned about vital signs...blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, all that jazz, but before we could actually do vitals on patients and record them, we had to pass them off to our instructors.  Guess who passed!

Word. Up.

I can officially not only take blood pressures and temperatures on people, but I can record them in their charts and they are totally too legit...to quit.

1 comment:

Higleys said...

Hey Hey, Hey Hey, 2 legit... Go Mary Go Mary. Go Mary go go. I'm glad they still teach real blood pressures I hate those stupid machines! I can totally picture you chatting up the silver haired crew. I think you are going to make an awesome Nurse. Give Tatiana a big hug and a kiss and she will be good.