Saturday, February 11, 2012

Going Pro

I've been wanting to try out bike riding ever since I started having issues with my foot about a year ago, but we never seemed to be able to find the money to get one for me.  Fast forward to December and a super generous friend gave me her bike because she was moving and didn't have room for it.  Suh-weet!

I bought a helmet and away I went...all the way to end of the cul-de-sac and back.  I was a little nervous to be riding around.  A few weeks later I got up the courage to ride about two miles and then about a week ago with Rick by my side - actually in front of me - I rode all three miles to the college, had study group, then rode all three miles home and have totally loved it. 

It's my preferred mode of transportation now...I'm pretty much a pro.

1 comment:

lacy lee said...

Next stop: El Tour de Tucson! Seriously.