Sunday, February 12, 2012

Weekend Baker

My weeks are crazy.  Even with Rick being home full time for the past two months, we rarely see each other.  I have class Monday and Wednesday morning and Tuesday and Thursday nights.  Rick has class Monday and Wednesday nights and works at Papa John's (Papa's in the house!) Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights...ridiculous, right?  When I'm not at school, I'm studying and Saturday and Sunday seem to be the only days where I can find some time to get things done.  So this weekend I baked...and baked some more.

Saturday morning I made chocolate chip pumpkin muffins and then I was feeling adventurous and decided to make these lil' diddies - whole wheat cranberry orange muffins.  You can find the recipe HERE.  And this is what they look like...they really did.  Seriously.  Except they weren't on a red plate, but whatever.  They were dang good.  I'm not gonna lie, you can tell they're "healthy" but super good just the same.


Then, because I wasn't crazy enough, I decided that I needed to make these lil' gems this afternoon.  Holy shiz it made a ton of cookies!


You can find the recipe HERE.  I didn't have any M&Ms in the house so I used milk chocolate chips instead and we didn't have peanuts either, but I did have coconut, so I used that and man oh man...soooo good!  This recipe made about seven dozen cookies easy.  I baked up two dozen and then spooned out the rest of the dough on a cookie sheet then stuck them in the freezer and when they were all frozen, I put them in a ziploc bag.  Now whenever I want cookies all I have to do is drop the little suckers onto a cookie sheet and go for it.

So, there you have it.  Mommy moment at its finest.  Let me know if you try these.  Pretty sure you won't be disappointed!

No comments: