These are Hearty Trail Mix Cookies in a jar. These make great holiday gifts...yes, HOLIDAY because you are not limited to just gifts for Christmas. Change the M&Ms colors and you can give this gift for Valentine's Day, Halloween, or even 4th of July. So without further ado...
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup quick oats
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup coconut
1. In a 1-quart jar, pack brown sugar in bottom and make as level as possible. Pour sugar over and level.
2. Pour oats over sugar and level.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well. Gently spoon flour mixture over oats. Level carefully, then tap down.
4. Sprinkle raisins over flour mixture, level and smotth the edges to make them even. Sprinkle coconut over raisins and press down.
5. Sprinkle candies on top. Press down and place lid on jar.
Attach the following directions to the jar with rafia if you're really crafty or with some duct tape if you're Rick.
Hearty Trail Mix Cookies
6 tablespoons butter; softened
*Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Empty contents of jar into large mixing bowl. Add 1 egg and 6 tablespoons softened butter or margarine.
*Beat on low speed or by hand to blend, then drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
*Remove from oven and let cookies cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to cooling rack. (Makes about 3 dozen.)