Saturday, August 16, 2008

Addictive Behavior

I need help. I'm completely and utterly addicted to Fiber One Bars and Diet Dr. Pepper. Seriously, I know God had a hand in the invention of these delicate bites of heaven. I am not even exaggerating when I tell you I have a 24 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper on my kitchen counter (easy access) and a cupboard full of at least 30 boxes of Oats and Chocolate Fiber One Bars. For the love, these things were on sale for a dollar a box!

If you haven't tried them yet please do, but be forewarned. In fine print on the back of the box you will find this warning...

"Gradually increase fiber over time to help minimize potential gastrointestinal discomfort."

They aren't kidding. One of these suckers will keep you regular for a week. Please don't eat more than one a day...I know. I learned the hard, or not so hard as the case may be, way.

8 comments:

The Hatch's said...

Marybeth you crack me up!! You have the best sense of humor about everything. Love your blog and will definitely be coming back. Oh yeah and I really need to get on the ball about the piano lessons rhing. Talk to you soon!

Marissa said...

LOL! I love both of those too. I do prefer Diet Coke with Lime though. ;)

*~The Collins'~* said...

Oh my heavens, Mike is banned from those bars! (He has been feeding them to his nephews this week who are visiting from England... you can guess the results of eating four or five in a day.)

My mom gives him a box everytime we go over to her house just to give us all a laugh!

I am thinking about buying some stock in Glade!

Unknown said...

I am also addicted to the Fiber One bars. I normally eat a lot of fiber, though, so I can eat two in a day. Oh yum!

MaryBeth said...

Petra, that is hilarious! Why does that not surprise me about Mike ;)

Emma, you are so lucky. If I had two in a day it would get really ugly. I should start trying to work my up to it though...dang those things are good!

DeCrescenzo Family Blog said...

See? I've heard about their, uh...consequences, and have so far avoided them.

They are really that good? Hmmmm....

Melinda said...

Thanks for introducing Fiber 1 Bars to me MaryBeth! I have been afraid to try them because I was afraid of them being discusting (sp?) like the Kashi bars. I showed your post to DH and he came home with a box after a trip to Walmart! YUM-O! They are so good that I want more than one a day but I don't want to suffer the consequences. ;)

Thanks!!

Laura said...

Yes I love these bars! YUMO!