Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Couple of Firsts

The first time something happens can create many emotions, take for instance, the first time I had a baby. Aren scared me to death. I remember looking at him and thinking, "What am I supposed to do with this?" I don't even think I changed his diaper until he had been home a week. But here he is, almost nine years later starting his first day of third grade. Every year it amazes me that he's made it to the next grade. I seriously had to wonder after a bone marrow transplant and two broken legs during first grade. He is such a trooper...man I dig this kid.


Then there's poor Tatiana who had her first fall just yesterday. Who knew that a three inch step onto dusty pebbles could create such facial devistation! Sigh. I felt horrible watching her face plant it, but a good sippy cup of cold milk and a cushy mommy did the trick. Hopefully this will be her first and last little accident.

2 comments:

d said...

I read this and at the end all I can say is "How wonderful life is". Indeed. You have great kids.

d.

Rachel said...

Poor Tatiana! Hope Aren's first day of school, was as great for him as it was for you.