Sunday, October 19, 2008

Keep Us Safe from Harm and Accident

Holy crap. Rick thought it would be a great idea to check out a canyon today and spend some time together as family. Sounds innocent enough right? So we take off to Carr Canyon and as usual I'm driving because I get car sick. We see a sign informing us that the road isn't paved and I didn't think much of it because of our time at Coronado a few weeks ago...unpaved roads but very drivable. So not the case here. The roads, if you can even call them that were horrible! Huge rocks/mini boulders paved the way and the only thing keeping us from falling off the edge were my white knuckles clutched to the steering wheel. I would have cried but I knew if I did we would die.

Once again Aren said it best when he said, "I hope we make it down this mountain...alive." We did and we even got a few pictures out of the deal. It'll be a few more weeks before Ricks gets to choose our weekend outing again.


Tatiana the Explorer


Hubba hubba


Sillies


Treehugger Aren...Rick is proud of this one


Death's door

5 comments:

Brossettelewis said...

Glad you are all still alive. Next Sunday try popcorn and a movie.

Arizona Manwarings said...

Come on was a new calling to Nursery really that bad!!!

Katie said...

holy crap!!! I wouldve cried and died! Glad you guys made it

kellyclay said...

I am with Katie I would have cried too!!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my heck! That so reminds me of a drive we took back when Rachel was overdue. I thought we were going to die on that "trail of boulders". I'm glad you made it out ok.