Thursday, October 2, 2008

What Have You Learned?

The past few days have taught me a lot.

1. I've learned that if you don't want random people commenting on your blog, it needs to be set to private.
2. I've learned that it doesn't matter how much you want someone to change their thought process, it won't work.
3. I've learned that Tatiana really likes her books on the floor instead of neatly placed on her bookshelf.
4. I've learned that Aren will make himself throw up to get out of school.
5. I've learned that I can go to a Relief Society broadcast and get absolutely nothing out of it but the lady next to me can think that Heavenly Father was speaking directly to her.
6. I've learned that I actually do have something to offer.
7. I've learned that just because my life has not been even remotely close to what I wanted, it's not a reason to use that as an excuse to be friendless and hopeless.
8. I've learned that the friends I made on my mission are the friends I will have for life.
9. I've learned that I like watching Lipstick Jungle and 90210 and America's Next Top Model and I don't give a rat's tushy what anyone else thinks.
10. I've learned that I'm more ok with myself than I have been for a long time.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I like watching Lipstick Jungle, too. I also don't care what anyone else thinks.

MaryBeth said...

I'm waiting for Tatiana to go down for her nap so I can watch last night's episode while drinking some diet dew and eating left over chineese food.

Marissa said...

I love you MB! You are so confident and you know how to learn from life.

Shera said...

This whole blog thing has been an eye opener for me lately too. And ditto on #8.

kellyclay said...

I love Lipstick Jungle too. and I do not care what anyone thinks. I am going to have to watch last nights episode on the internet because one of my kids unplugged there DVR so it did not record. I was recording Dirty, Sexy Money(a fav of DH and I's) and CSI New York on our DVR. see I am a TV junky. and proud of it. don't you just love my Novel

love you girl

Serena said...

You rock MB!

Holmes Family said...

I loved this! We don't need to fit any kind of mold in life. Be who you are and be proud of it! Take care, Jess